Natural Hair Conversation
Image: curly_by_naturee IG
Righteous Reflections: Let's take a stroll down memory lane and engage in a Crowning Conversation about Righteous Roots with Moriah, a proud naturalista known for her versatile styles. From twist outs and braids to space buns and flexi rods, there's no end to her creativity.
Grab some lemonade, start deep conditioning your hair, put on some fuzzy socks, and let’s get into it.
1. Can you share your natural hair journey and what inspired you to embrace your natural texture?
- I started my natural hair journey officially in high school. When my hair (which was flat ironed & curled) sweat out in gym class, another girl said that my hair looked like a “cheap weave”, which really made me self-conscious about my hair and made me want to invest more time and energy into fixing it. What really inspired me was seeing influencers (such as SunKissAlba & AlyssaForever) embracing their natural curls.
2. How did you first learn about Righteous Roots, and what made you decide to try it?
- The company reached out to me on my personal page and they asked if I’d like to try the oil out because they liked my hair. I decided to try it because the company seemed really knowledgeable about natural hair and natural hair products. At the time, I wasn’t even an influencer or anything, so it really made me feel special that they entrusted me with the product and my thought of their product.
3. Over the years of using Righteous Roots, how has your hair care routine evolved?
- I’ve taken more time and effort to get to know the products in my ingredients I’m putting on my hair and body. It’s evolved to include the newer Rightoues Roots products outside of the original oil (such as pre-poo, shampoo, conditioner).
4. In what ways have you noticed Righteous Roots benefiting your hair health and texture?
- My hair is definitely stronger and fuller. I also like how it has improved my scalp health.
5. What specific hair problems were you facing, and how has Righteous Roots helped in addressing them?
- N/A, overall, I’d say I have improved strength and fullness after using it now (since 2016).
6. Hair porosity plays a significant role in product effectiveness. What is your hair’s porosity, and how does Righteous Roots work with it?
- I think I have low porosity hair. RR works well, but I use it sparingly. I use it 1 time a week & when I do, I don’t use a lot unless I’m about to wash/rinse it out because it can actually clog my pores and make my scalp more dirty/itchy. So for me, using less is more.
7. Could you walk us through a step-by-step guide on how you apply Righteous Roots to your hair?
a) Scalp Massage
i) Apply RR oil to scalp
ii) Use hands or RR hair massager to massage oil into scalp
b) Condition/Deep Condition
i) Wash hair with Righteous Roots Shampoo (infused with RR oil)
ii) Massage in RR oil to clean scalp with fingertips or RR massager
iii) Add RR leave in conditioner (infused with RR oil) or a deep conditioner to hair strands and twist or braid.
iv) Let sit for at least 5 minutes (for a deep condition specifically, I typically add heat and let it sit for at least 30 minutes
v) Rinse Out
i) Add leave in conditioner or water to curls
ii) Add cream or leave in conditioner of choice generously to curls
iii) Add oil (to seal moisture to hair strands) & a little to scalp & massage in generously
8. Have you incorporated Righteous Roots into any unique or unconventional hair care practices?
- I use it to take off press on nails and to re-moisturize my nails after press ons are applied. I also use it to moisturize my eyebrows occasionally.
9. Do you use Righteous Roots differently in varying seasons or climates?
- Yes, I use it year-round in an area that has four seasons (fall, winter, spring, summer).
10. How do you integrate Righteous Roots into protective styles, if at all?
- I use it to oil my scalp during protective styles when my scalp gets dry.
11. What’s your favorite way to use Righteous Roots, and why do you prefer this method?
- Honestly any of the ways. It’s literally something I need in every step of my hair care routine listed above. I have one in my shower (for conditioning/deep conditioning) one near my bed (for scalp massages) & one in my hair drawer (for styling).
12. Have you recommended Righteous Roots to others? If so, what feedback have you received from them?
- Yes! Several people love the oil & other products (all with different hair types) and say it really has helped them to embrace their natural curls.
13. In terms of hair growth and scalp health, what improvements have you observed while using Righteous Roots?
a) Scalp feels cleaner (Shampoo)
b) Scalp feels less dry (Oil)
c) Hair seems thicker/fuller (Oil)
d) Hair has increased shine (Oil)
14. With a multitude of hair products on the market, what makes Righteous Roots stand out to you after years of use?
- The knowledge base and the constant pursuit of excellence by the brand. I trust the company wholeheartedly with their products. They are always looking for the best ingredients to help people with their haircare needs.