Image: curlsandsports IG
Righteous Reflections: Let’s take a stroll down memory lane and get into a Crowning Conversation about Righteous Roots with Erika, who knows everything about sports and a lot about low porosity curly hair.
Grab some chamomile tea, start deep conditioning your hair, put on some fuzzy socks, and let’s get into it.
1. Can you share your natural hair journey and what inspired you to embrace your natural texture?
Hi everyone! My name is Erika Fernandez and my curly hair journey began in late 2010, with me taking it more seriously in 2011/2012. It's been 10 years since I stopped using the straightening iron and since then, I've been focused on how to use heat wisely if I desire to straighten it out. I wanted to get my curls back because I really ruined them and at the same time, my career was beginning and having curly hair represents my culture, my pride. I made it my goal to get them back by any means. It's been tough but completely worth it. It's crazy because my mom has straight hair and took such good care of my curls and then I messed them up as an adult.
2. How did you first learn about Righteous Roots, and what made you decide to try it?
RR is such a staple in my household. I love talking about the product soooo much because it really does help with growth, taming the curls, a true wash day essential. I learned about it through Instagram. It's been 7 years since I've been using it.
3. Over the years of using Righteous Roots, how has your hair care routine evolved?
I feel like it's evolved in the sense of me knowing what to do, not wasting time, and getting right to it. I know what my hair needs and there's no need to experiment with my hair anymore. I used RR nightly as well during pregnancy and I'm convinced that's the reason why I didn't experience too much hair loss. It's truly an amazing product.
4. In what ways have you noticed Righteous Roots benefiting your hair health and texture?
It's really helped with making wash days easy when it comes to detangling. It helps me with protection during beach days too.
5. What specific hair problems were you facing, and how has Righteous Roots helped in addressing them?
I was facing dryness, dry scalp, and postpartum hair loss.
6. Hair porosity plays a significant role in product effectiveness. What is your hair’s porosity, and how does Righteous Roots work with it?
I'm a low porosity girl and it's crazy to even say that because when I started out on the journey, no one talked about it and RR introduced me to it. It's helped me with styling the curls and making them look great.
7. Could you walk us through a step-by-step guide on how you apply Righteous Roots to your hair?
I do nightly scalp massages, I use it for pre-poo w/ my deep conditioning, and I use it after styling.
8. Have you incorporated Righteous Roots into any unique or unconventional hair care practices?
I used to do an avocado deep conditioning and I would apply some drops of it.
9. What changes, if any, have you noticed in the manageability and styling of your hair since using Righteous Roots?
It's overall amazing. I really thank the day that I came across this product.
10. Do you use Righteous Roots differently in varying seasons or climates?
I use it the same to be honest.
11. How do you integrate Righteous Roots into protective styles, if at all?
I do braids with it a day before wash day so it seeps into the hair follicles and does more behind the scenes work before I do my deep conditioning under the hooded dryer.
12. What’s your favorite way to use Righteous Roots, and why do you prefer this method?
I would say scalp massages. I would've never thought that this could actually work but it does.
13. Have you recommended Righteous Roots to others? If so, what feedback have you received from them?
I literally have told so many family and friends about it that it makes me happy to see people purchasing the product. Word of mouth completely helps. They all love the product and have seen positive results.
14. In terms of hair growth and scalp health, what improvements have you observed while using Righteous Roots?
I've noticed overall growth and an improvement in my dry scalp.
15. With a multitude of hair products on the market, what makes Righteous Roots stand out to you after years of use?
I would say the oil is my staple and favorite. The conditioner has been amazing as well.