Image: _amandaovalle IG
Righteous Reflections: Let's take a stroll down memory lane and get into a Crowning Conversation about Righteous Roots with Amanda, whose hair texture lies between wavy, straight, and curly. She has become an expert in understanding and caring for her unique hair texture.
Grab some tea, start deep conditioning your hair, put on some fuzzy socks, and let’s get into it.
From Weight Loss Surgery to Postpartum: How Amanda Reclaimed Her Wavy Hair.
1. Can you share your natural hair journey and what inspired you to embrace your natural texture?
I missed my curls/waves and wanted shiny healthy hair again. I gradually cut off my dead ends, stopped using all hot tools, & changed up my entire hair care routine! Scalp massages & hot oil treatments with Righteous roots oil were essential then and still are till this day, almost five years later.
2. How did you first learn about Righteous Roots, and what made you decide to try it?
I was the winner of a giveaway and once I received my oil I immediately fell in love.
3. Over the years of using Righteous Roots, how has your hair care routine evolved?
My hair is no longer dull & dry, it's also strong, thick, and super long.
4. In what ways have you noticed Righteous Roots benefiting your hair health and texture?
It definitely has helped me achieve my hair length goals while keeping it healthy, especially my ends.
5. What specific hair problems were you facing, and how has Righteous Roots helped in addressing them?
Hair loss after weight loss surgery as well as post partum hair loss - twice! Each time RR has helped speed up the process of my regrowth.
6. Hair porosity plays a significant role in product effectiveness. What is your hair’s porosity, and how does Righteous Roots work with it?
I have medium-low porosity hair and my husband and daughter both have low porosity and it works great for all 3 of us! We use it on our scalps to scalp massage or treat any dry areas and for my daughter and I, I love to seal our ends with some oil.
7. Could you walk us through a step-by-step guide on how you apply Righteous Roots to your hair?
I use 2-3 drops max to scalp massage, working at the nape of the neck first and working my way up.
I then add an additional 2 drops onto my hands and smooth/scrunch it into my ends.
I also use it when scrunching out the crunch of the cast formed by my gel or mousse
I have made DIY scalp scrubs with it, added some to my deep conditioners, as a cuticle oil, and even on my brows!
9. What changes, if any, have you noticed in the manageability and styling of your hair since using Righteous Roots?
My hair is so much easier to detangle now! I just use some oil whenever I have a knot and it becomes so easy to work through
10. Do you use Righteous Roots differently in varying seasons or climates? N/a
11. How do you integrate Righteous Roots into protective styles, if at all?
I usually have my daughters hair in braids, and I always add a few drops of oil in my hands while braiding and especially add oil to her ends
12. What’s your favorite way to use Righteous Roots, and why do you prefer this method?
Scalp massages. It's a great way to unwind while promoting hair growth. It has given me amazing results
13. Have you recommended Righteous Roots to others? If so, what feedback have you received from them?
Everyone I know lol - they always end up loving it just as much as I do.
14. In terms of hair growth and scalp health, what improvements have you observed while using Righteous Roots?
Definitely has helped me grow my hair long and strong and I also notice less breakage.
15. With a multitude of hair products on the market, what makes Righteous Roots stand out to you after years of use?